Insurance for Commercial Landlords

Commercial Landlord Insurance


Commercial property owners need specialised insurance cover to ensure their buildings and premises are protected should any damage occur.


A commercial landlord’s insurance package can include the following:


  • Commercial buildings insurance – to cover you for damage to the fabric of the premises and any outbuildings.
  • Commercial contents insurance – to cover any damage to your property inside the commercial building.
  • Commercial buildings improvements insurance – to cover any improvements made to the structure of the building.
  • Accidental damage insurance – to cover any accidental damage caused by yourself, tenants or visitors to the building.
  • Trace and access – provides cover against the cost of tracing and fixing water or oil leaks
  • Rental income protection insurance – to cover you from loss of rental income if the building is damaged and your tenants cannot trade.
  • Property owner’s liability insurance – to cover any claims arising from injury or damage for which you are deemed legally responsible.
  • Excess protection and no-claims bonus – so that you can claim back any excess you must pay in the event of a claim and get a better deal at renewal if you don’t make a claim.
  • ‘Day One’ uplift – inflation protection providing an additional cushion in case the cost of rebuilding your property suddenly increases.


Insurance for all types of commercial property

If you own a property that you do not live in and you make money from, either through rent payments or your own business enterprise, domestic home insurance will not cover you in the event of damage to the property or injury to visitors.

Whether it’s a flat, house, garage, factory, shop, office or any other type of property, commercial property insurance provides cover for a wide variety of liabilities.

As a commercial landlord you may wish to combine commercial buildings insurance with commercial contents insurance if you own any of the items within the property and then choose other types of cover depending on the usage of the property.

For example, the owner of a holiday let will almost certainly want commercial buildings and contents insurance, but they may also wish to purchase, accidental damage insurance and liability insurance in case a guest either breaks something or suffers an injury within the building for which the owner is deemed liable.


How much commercial landlord insurance do you need?

The amount of cover you decide to buy will depend on a number of factors.

Here at Tredstone, our insurance advisers are able to guide you through the whole process and will help you understand the products, prices and limits available for your specific commercial landlord insurance needs.

You can get a quote online now, or if you wish to discuss your needs, give us a call on 0345 6461395.


Request a call back


Type of Business



Best time to call?